Monday, August 17, 2009

School Already??



This is the third year that I've taken pictures of Deedles in front of our weeping Mullberry tree--2nd grade?? How is this little girl growing up so fast?





I guess she is still kind of little--I mean, she still is growing in those two front teeth, she still played princess paper dolls ALL WEEKEND with Ruby, and (my personal favorite) she still wanted me to take her in to school today-- I even got kisses and a hug in front of the other kids!!! And that's something I know isn't going to last forever.




Eden has been counting down the days for school to start--this girl
thrives on a routine. Today she got a juice box, fruit leather and Doritos to go along with her turkey sandwich (all special requests) and I hope she enjoys them while supplies last; it won't be long until those lunches dwindle down to the same old PB & J with a side of some dryish baby carrots!

If you would have asked me 2 weeks ago, I would have said that I can't wait for her to go back (she was so bored) but now I really miss having her around during the day (I'm not missing the MeSsEs EvErYwHeRe quite as much!).







Eden got home safe and sound and happy as a clam! She was excited to do her homework (drawing this picture of her summer vacation--our trip to Yellowtone and seeing bears and wolves at the discovery museum there). Eden LOVED it, apparrantly I thought it was just "OK".
Another catch-up post coming soon about that trip.

Ruby, Jay and I had gotten her balloons, a sprinkle donut, Ariel fruit snacks, candy bracelet, and a homework pencil case all ready for her on the table when she walked in. Then we rounded out the night with her favorite dinner spaghetti with meatballs. We love you so much Eden! We know this school year will be fabulous for you!




7 comments:

laura said...

she looks adorable in her uniform!

i keep saying that i can't wait for the day when kennedy goes to school, but i'm sure when the day comes i'll miss her like crazy!

oh, that budgeting site you linked on from mine, is actually done by my brother. he does an awesome job, i think you'd be really happy with the workbook :)

Denise said...

Loves it! She look so grown up. The picture is awesome. Joel really looks like Joel :)

Jena said...

What a sweetie! We love you Eeds! Don't forget, don't let the boys kiss you! You sure are beautiful.

Kat said...

what an awesome post for an awesome little 2nd grader. she is growing up SO fast. we're so glad we got to play with you guys this week!

myndie said...

that eden, i have to say, is one of my favorites (of course, only if i had favorites.) good news that her first day was a success and i wish i was at school to hear her tell the class, "fyi friends, it's time for recess!"

Heather Kearns said...

Way to go Eden! Kiley says HI!

sly said...

I can't believe I wasn't here for her first day of school. I am so glad your took pictures. Eden is the coolest 2nd grader ever--the cutest, the smartest, the kindest....I could go on forever. I love you sweetheart. You are a joy in our lives and bring smiles to our hearts. Can't wait to share this school year with you!!!