Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So We Think We Can Dance

Part One





Do you have a few minutes? good. You're going to need them.

One of our family's VERY favorite activities is dancing together. Although I'm a perfect critic while watching the BEST show on tv, my dancing is sub-par at best. Let's just say that if you happen to have a hidden camera going during one of our family jam sessions you could make a lot of money from blackmailing us---oh, its pretty bad alright. But, its really fun and downright hilarious. It all started when Eden was a baby and Joel put on Elvis' You Aint Nothin But a Hound Dog and she would kick, smile and giggle while he danced. From there its gone through all sorts of music; recently Eden and Ruby have found a love for old Michael Jackson. Right now THIS is what you might catch us cuttin' a rug to on a Saturday Morning before we start cleaning. (go on, listen to it--its so catchy!)





Part Two--my review

You think this pose looks dramatic?


well, it should. Their feet were great, their lines superb, their connection with the audience was sensational! I wish Ruby would have given me a little more, but what she lacked in technique, she made up for in personality. Eden, you made that lift look EFFORTLESS! You know what I hear chuggin down the tracks???

Now, I'm not usually a fan of all the ballroom dances, but
this one was FANTASTIC!!!! Probably my favorite of its kind--ever! Its also the dance that Ruby and Eden saw that made them want to try it out for themselves.


Okay, these aint the best shots--lets just finish up with my last few favorites of the season. (Jena and Ashley, this is especially for you since you missed the whole darn thing!) In no particular order these were the best (all contemporary, go figure!)

The Addiction dance--(Kapono and Kayla)--it just hurts to watch

The Heart on a Chain dance with Jeanine and Jason

Mia Michaels girls finale dance-- with Kayla and Jeanine

the Vampire dance-- Kapono and Kayla (with the exception of the reach at the end--actually, it really ISN'T one of the best, but it was good)


to sum it up . . . family jam-outs, Spaceman, hot tamale train, Twilight, new-found-free-time on Wed/Thurs nights, and lots O' links. enjoy!

4 comments:

Lori said...

You are hilarious - I love your commentaries! It sounds like similar things go on at my house while we watch SYTYCD - Sami & Alex have some brilliant moves too!

Denise said...

We're dancing over here as well. I liked the breast cancer tribute dance. I was all over Ade.

Jena said...

Oh I can see it now! I totally remember the hound dog thing. I wish I could have watched the dance show with you! Thank you for making sure I get to tune in. I can't wait to see those clips. Much love to the fam. Good luck training this last week for the big race. Can't wait to see how you did. Miss you, love ya, etc., etc.,...

duh..you are an excellent dancer. Don't be so modest. Brag about it. You've got some skills.

myndie said...

i love that you guys have dance offs, as we like to call them...and that you quoted girls just want to have fun. you have such a cute, fun family. i love the pics, the dancing, the hair. i truly hope your girls are prepared to share their talent and moves with us at the big family fest in oct.