When we would visit his grandparents, it would always be at Cannon Beach. I don't know how many hours grandma and I talked and talked in the kitchen. I remember feeling so loved because she was always genuinely interested in everything and everyone. We carried on about anything under the sun, except, of course, anything derogatory or mean. This woman was gracious and kind to the core--never heard a mean word come out of her mouth. Not only would she not speak poorly about anyone, but she would lift people up and pick out admirable qualities and emphasize them. And I do mean emphasize--in fact, one of the things I will miss the most is the way she would say, "we just think Joel's ve-e-e-e-e-e-ry handsome", or "that sounds ju-u-u-u-u-u-st terrific".
I will miss seeing her walk around with her crisply set hair, her white slacks, peach blouses, and gold jewelry. I will miss her talking to Aunty Neva in Macedonian and her stories about her family. I will miss her mediating between grandpa and the little kids (or BIG kids too). I will miss how gentle and sweet she was--and her example. I will miss seeing how much she loved my husband, kids, and myself. And I will definitely miss the Happy Birthday phone calls--for everyone's birthday--and how she would get grandpa to sing the whole song with her (even leave it on the voicemail if we weren't home)--the cutest thing in the world.
We were lucky enough to make it up to Oregon in time to see her before she passed away and say goodbye. It was an experience we will remember forever.
We love you and miss you grandma!
here is her obituary, thought you might want to see it:
(isn't she beautiful?)

MARGARET "MARTY" HUEBNER
April 19, 1925~August 29, 2009
April 19, 1925~August 29, 2009
Marty Huebner of Vancouver, WA passed away August 29, 2009 at her home, surrounded by her family. She was born in Portland, Oregon on April 19,1925 and left an 84 year legacy of love.
Marty was an elegant, vibrant woman. She radiated happiness to all she touched. We will always remember:
-Her grace and poise, she lit up every room she walked in.
-Almost 62 years of a beautiful marriage to her loving husband, Art.
-Her love of Cannon Beach where her family gathered in happiness.
-The way she made everyone her friend.
We are so blessed to have had the delight of giving and receiving her love every day. She will be loved and missed by her husband Art, children Bill and Su along her husband Fred, 4 grandchildren and their spouses, and 10 great-grandchildren.
Memorial services will begin at 6:30 p.m. Thursday September 3, 2009 at the Fairway Village Club House, 15509 SE Fernwood Drive, Vancouver, WA.
3 comments:
Very nice. I miss her.
love you guys! Hope we can get through this next trial.
I am so glad you all made it to Washington in time and we could all share this very sad and sacred time together. Words can't express how much we all miss this remarkable woman. Thank you for the beautiful thoughts and feelings. I know she is aware of every one of them. How I love that sweet and amazing mom of mine!!! I am so glad we all shared that love together!!!
She is so beautiful. Can't wait to get to know her even better in the eternities. I like to think she has been assigned to be all of our kid's guardian angel. If it's true, then she is super busy. She was always so sweet to me. I hope I can pass some of that sweetness on to Jackson. We'll always remind him of how wonderful she was to our family. I know Aren is missing her tons. He truly adores her. Thanks for the post.
Post a Comment