Sunday, November 14, 2010

Workin' Hard or Hardly Workin'

 Jay simply has GOT to get things done.  He is a driven boy, he's got a lot of work done, so stay out of his way.  Jay loves sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, pouring stuff from one cup to another, etc.  If there's a mess to make or attempt to clean up (but make it messier while trying) then Jay is your man.  I snapped these when I was looking for jay and found him on the side of the house.  He had found a pile of scrap wood and something needed to be done about it.  (ABOVE: here he is finding the stack and starting his project)


 Here he is loading it in the back of his fire truck



Now I guess he needs to drive the lumber around.  A job well done.







NEXT PROJECT:  Teach Molly how to scrub a toilet (she's got to start pulling her weight around the Flanagan home)

 (These photos were taken in August when the Flanagans were visiting)

Molly: "Ummm, Jay's teaching me how to get the toilet water all over the floor.  First we start with a toilet that has toilet paper in it" (hopefully nothing else)




 Jay:  "OK Molly, this is my face that I make when I'm trying to smile but I think I might be in trouble--remember that."  (see, she's a good learner--she's watching him closely)


Jay: "Last thing, remember when you're cleaning toilets to get the scrubber out of its holder, throw the scrubber holder anywhere you want in the bathroom.  Also, you're going to want write this down-- Use 3/4 of a bottle of shampoo, and soak the floor with the toilet/shampoo mixture.  This way you're cleaning both the floor and the toilet."

6 comments:

myndie said...

jay looks so grown up! maybe we will get to see him over pie.

Jena said...

Heehee, ha ha! I love it. Can't wait to see that little monkey. By the way, molly was in the toilet today. She seems to have taken that lesson to heart!

Sue McIntyre said...

You are cooking girl! Every time I log on I see a new post now! Next time I'm in Lehi, maybe you can help me set up my own blog. I can't figure out how. Too old, maybe!

So Jay likes to sweep and clean and stack!? I need your little man in my house! It needs plenty of sweeping and cleaning and stacking. He is so cute.

Hugs and kisses to all.

sly said...

I am cracking up over this post!! It is Jay to a tee!! I can just see his mind working through every little thing he needs to do. I love that boy so much!!! And I love the Jay/Molly bathroom project!! That is worth a million of something!! Sure do love you guys!!!

Denise said...

What a smart and fun baby boy! He's going to make a fantastic teacher today. He can pay for his education by working odd jobs at our house. That being said, I think I'll hire a 'professional' for the carpet cleaning :P

Aren said...

Oh my goodness! How DO YOU get anything done with that cute boy working so hard? He makes me laugh. He is for sure a Swogger. Look at that work ethic. He is a little Fred at work. Ha!