Sunday, October 24, 2010

What Everyone Should Know About Ruby . . .

Well, let me tell you something. This little gal came to us 6 years ago disguised as a newborn; furnished with her own cute BIG spirit, big attitude, big plans and big personality.  Joel and I would be lost without her in our family.  We celebrated her 6th birthday on Saturday (along with her grandpa Claude and cousin Alanna--more about that later). We love everything about her and thought we'd record some things about Ruby right now so we can remember how she charmed us at age 6!  Without further delay . . .


Some things you should know about Ruby:

She loves being in Kindergarten

She finishes most of her sentences with the question, "Right?"




She is a friend/cousin magnet






She thinks that when we have flies in our house, its because they have a hideout here (in a tiny drilled hole in the kitchen pantry--she was so proud when she showed me that she had finally found where they were coming from)



This is how she falls asleep (with Scout, and the thumb . . . still)





She is co-Founder and co-President of the Daddy fan club




She loves anything Princess, Swan, castle-ish, and aspires to have servants

 (This is one of the brass swans that her Grammy Huebner had as a decoration, she LOOOOOVVES to include her in her ongoing dramas)
 

She filled out this on Sunday in Church

 ( it says:  Ask Me About My Talents.  1.  Funny  2.  Fashion    3.  Good at coloring and  4. (she added one) good at being friends. )  All are true!

(see--she does love fashion--swimsuit and heels)




This is where she climbs on the railing every day to "talk" to her friends Ethan and Tyler next door while they're playing on their swingset.





 We love you Ruby, you will always be our little Gem!

7 comments:

Jena said...

I am astounded! I had given up on you ever blogging again. I can't wait to see more!

Ruby Suby...You are adorable, sweet, sassy, funny, loveable, squishable, and more. We love and miss you lots and lots and tons and tons!

sly said...

Ruby, our Ruby--how did you get to be 6 years old? Those have been 6 of the luckiest years of our lives to have you!! You sparkle and shine! Your smile is to-die-for!! Your fashion sense keeps us watching for more. Your imagination reaches heavenward. You are the sweetest and cutest adorable Ruby we could ever wish for. We love you so much (along with our Eden and Jay)!!!!!!

Denise said...

Ruby is darling. She looks SO much like Joel. It's just crazy awesome. I can't believe she is six already. She was just coming into our lives when Jeremy and I got engaged. She was one of the first babies I ever held. She's just keeps getting cuter.

laura said...

she's adorable!

we really need to start up 'cousin day' again and get all the kids together!

Sue McIntyre said...

Happy big 6th birthday to sweet Ruby from Uncle Dan and Aunt Sue with lots of LOOOOOVE! Sorry this is a couple of days late but I was out of town with connectivity on the fritz. Wonderful pix Rachel! Great new look to the site!

Sara Layton said...

We love you woooby! Come find our fly hole soon!

Aren said...

I seriously laughed and cried reading your post about Ruby. She really does tug at your heart. She is so full of life and sweetness.

I wish I had servants, too. Ha! I also wish I could make friends like Ruby does. She makes everyone feel so important and special. That is such a great gift.

We love you Ruby. Keep teaching us. You're a great example to follow.