Thursday, April 23, 2009

ONE thing I LOVE about my ONE-year-old


For Eden's birthday (LATE) post, I chose 7 pictures and 7 things I loved about her--because she was 7 (complicated, I know). Now I have to just choose ONE thing I love about Jay . . .could it be his gruff voiced words like dhhhhog or bhhhhhaa (dog or bath)?? Or is it how he points at his tummy when you ask him where Jay-Jay is? Or is it that I can't keep from kissing those cheeks over and over again? Maybe it's the shape of his mouth, or the fact that I cooked him up for 9 months then gave birth to him? Decisions, decisions . . . okay, if I can just pick one current feature to share with the world (or small list of close friends and family) it would be his
crawling/scooting/speed skating style (speed skating because sometimes one arm goes behind the back to resist the wind-drag). Happy Birthday sweet baby! (always late but worth the wait)

p.s. I will pay someone $1,000,000 to edit my voice out of this video clip




Please excuse the blurriness of our pictures, lets just say our camera is "low quality"

9 comments:

Katie Blatter said...

Rachel, what's wrong with your voice in that clip? It's great and adorable, you interacting with your baby! Anyway, be careful what you say. I can take your voice out but I don't have a program to take only your voice out, it would take all the sound out for that time that you're talking. You can put music or another recording of Jay babbling though! :)

Denise said...

He is TOO cute. Love the video of him moving and shaking. What a great stage of life. I think your voice sounds supercute!

Jena said...

He has the Rylee bum scoot. That means he is super cool. Oh how we miss the kiddo.

p.s. did you call me a turd? glad I can claim the "turd child" title with the likes of Jay.

sly said...

I love that Jay too!! What is it about those eyes of his? He is one adorable little boy, who we will keep forever!! Can you tell his sisters love him, or what? Can't get in enough kisses. I am glad that bun crawl is saved for posterity!!

sly said...

Here's a comment from Dedo---
Jay-Jay is such a happy boy and makes me smile big-big-BIG!! Every time I see him, I need to grab him and kiss those chubby little cheeks. Keep on scooting Jay. I sure love that boy!!!!

Aren said...

We LOVE Jay so much! I can't wait for Jackson and him to get to know each other better. Am I really going to get to kiss those cheeks this weekend? I wish you could see my huge smile right now! Love ya'll! Ashley

myndie said...

happy birthday jay!! love the scoot....and the bangs.

Julie said...

i was crackin' up even before i heard your voice. you're sooo funny. i hate hearing my dumb voice too. tyler and i always turn to each other after we've heard ourselves on video and ask, "is that really what i sound like?" such a rude awakening.

jay is adorable!!!!!!

Rachel said...

I believe I may be to blame for your crap camera (hanging head in shame). LOL