Tuesday, November 4, 2008

man-tagged

Becca man-tagged me so here you go!
yard work a la baby
Joel's favorite pastime at Cannon Beach--crabbing
His other favorite pastime on the beach--running and playing with his babies
What is your husbands name? Joel Arthur Swogger (Arthur is his grandpa’s name—on his mom’s side)

How long have you been married? 8 years—it will be 9 on Dec. 27th!

How long did you date? We dated 3 months before his mission to Belgium, then I waited and wrote diligently—well, I didn’t write the most diligently, but I made sure I knew he was way better than anyone else out there while he was gone . Then we got married 4 ¾ months after he got home. Soooo, really, we dated almost 3 years—right?

How old is he? The big 3-0
Who eats more sweets? Him. He has the tastebuds of a 10 year old—he loves gushers, sour patch kids, nerds, etc.

Who said I love you first? It’s debateable. I said something about him being the one I was in love with—then he told me “I love you” later.

Who is taller? Joel

Who can sing the best? I THINK I sing better, which probably isn’t true, truth-be-told—he really can’t carry a tune to save his life, but I still love it when he sings—especially with the kids. BTW, he raps WAAAY better than me—surprised?

Who is smarter? Joel. He reads way more boring books than me and was an econometrics TA at BYU—but I’m really good (or was) at memorizing and multiple choice tests--so, yes, he's smarter because I think I once saw a documentary on gorillas that could take multiple choice tests.

Who does the laundry? ME. However, when the pile of clean-to-be-put-away laundry turns into what I lovingly call "the mountain" he'll start folding it while watching sports.

Who pays the bills? I click “pay bills” on Bill pay, but he does all of our banking—hence the job title “Private Banker”.

Who mows the lawn? Joel. But, I would rather do it than clean up the kichen/bathrooms/laundry on Saturdays. (Okay, he helps with that too)

Who cooks dinner? Me. However, Joel can and does make the girl’s favorite dish (and I’m talking favorite—they would eat this over any restaurant or anything) oatmeal and scrambled eggs a.k.a. “oats and eggies” .

Who drives? Joel.

Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Usually him. I have to start cleaning really fast and let it fester until I can’t stand it anymore then I say I’m sorry.

Who kissed who first? Joel kissed me first—outside San Juan hall at Utah State on May 21, 1997—errr, something like that, I think.

Who asked who out first? We were studying for a Geography test at his apartment with Coby Rich (because they were roommates and we were all in the same class—that’s how I met him) after we were done he asked me if I like to go to Jazz games—and if I wanted to go to the playoffs against the Lakers—game 6. Ummm . . . I guess so. Believe me, I was turning on all the charm and giggles and unnecessary arm touches—I’m sure it would have been embarrassing and awful to watch, but I guess it worked. Who knew?

Who wears the pants? I think we both do—don’t we?


The rules for this tag: answer questions about your spouse, list names of people you are tagging in your post, then leave a comment on their blog letting them know they've been tagged.

I am man-tagging Rachel Sandberg, Kat Fuller, and Katie Blatter (if you haven't done this before)

7 comments:

Katie Blatter said...

Okay I'll probably be able to do this in the next couple of days. And no, I did not make that up but it was so funny AND true that I couldn't resist posting it!

Kat said...

Fun, I'll do it soon too.

Becca said...

ooaahhh...so cute. and san juan hall? how romantic! see you tomorrow (no, i haven't read-noel).

Dave & Aimee said...

Those are always fun to read :) Thanks for the invite to the blog! Feel free to read mine anytime no invite needed (I know I should go private I just haven't yet).

myndie said...

oh, to be a ladybug in the tub, or on the tub, too tired of chores! I love it. cute kids and fun to read about you and joel. we have our count-down chain so we are counting the days until disneyland. can't wait to see you!

Jena said...

Ahh, my brother's so cute. Glad he married you...ecstatic, delighted, grateful, and all the good words you can think of, that he married you.

Katie Blatter said...

Okie Dokie! I've done my post Rachel!