Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Summer 2009. Was it Ever Real??

I know I'm not alone when I (during this time of year) yearn for those HOT, green, lazy, sweaty days of summer. Will I ever be warm again?

Will we have cousins splashing in the backyard again?




Or splash with cousins at the splash pad?




Or get our head sat on by a big kid at the splash pad?



Or run a half marathon together? (ok, not "together", but we ran the same race on the same day--one of us was faster than the other--not naming names--and it wasn't me:) Sara ran it too, but without the uneccesary noise of an MP3 player--all she needed was Kelly Clarkson's "My life would suck without you" stuck in her head until Billy Joel's "Piano Man" blasted by a passing car took over until she brought it home on the 13th mile.









My friend Amy Sanford snapped these awesome photos of when Eden disappeared at the ward swimming party then was spotted across the pool jumping off the high dive--that's my girl! (thanks Amy!)

going




going



gone!

8 comments:

Denise said...

That's a serious diving board! Maybe someday we can run a half marathon together. Although, that would mean I would have to get my lazy butt back in shape someday :)

Jena said...

My kids would never...ever!

I miss you already!

sly said...

Ohh--I look forward to those days too!! We are going to have so much fun and it will be a cousin marathon! The guts and glory of our Eden!! I love it!! I wish I could still show her the flips I use to do off one of those high dives!! I thought I was pretty cool!! We love and love you!!

myndie said...

oh, i don't think i can take the snow for one more day. i would love to see green grass and sun.

Aren said...

Summer, please come fast! That means I will be out of my baby haze months and we will see each other. Yea! It's time for Jackson and Jay to cause some trouble. I can't wait to go swimming and running together. I get so happy thinking about it! Love ya! That's our Eden!! It's why she is the oldest grandchild!

Becca said...

ohhhhhh.....can't wait to set up the pool in the backyard. sam got one that blows bubbles at the same time for his birthday (that's in february) so we can set up a RAGING raging waters!

Heather Kearns said...

Amazing pictures! I am so glad you have those memories of little miss daring pants! I can't believe she did that! It was so good to hear from you on my blog since I am trying to do that again! Miss you!

Jena said...

I want to see baptism pictures!