Sunday, November 8, 2009

I'm a Big Know-It-All

I ran across this chart completely by accident when I was looking for my friends blog. Someone else with the same last name had this on their blog and I copied and pasted it because I thought it was a great little diagram of the obvious. ( I lost the address where I got it, so I don't know who to give credit to)






Yes, I'm a big know-it-all when it comes to talking about fixing other peoples problems--and my answers always sound so simple (because I'm talking about your problems, not mine). It is so interesting (and yet so UNinteresting) that many major problems that people have are basically caused by the same things--self-control (actually, lack of it) and selfishness.

Of course I know there are so many hardships brought on beyond our control, but I'm not talking about that. I just thought this was a good reminder to myself. Hope it helps you too! (because if it doesn't, I can tell you what you need to do to fix it--I know everything!)

4 comments:

sly said...

I love it!! So simple, yet true!! And I am so glad that I know someone who knows everything!! HA! Love ya!!

Denise said...

Awesome chart! Totally so true. I can't stand to listen to people complain about things they are more than likely able to change. Change is not easy, so suck it up and deal. I'm already over your problems :)

Jena said...

amen! Self-control and selfishness. the biggest cause of unhappiness. When it comes to our own choices of course. I really like that chart a lot!

Becca said...

well, plus you (and i) have such good advice to give-especially when it comes to dating...