
WARNING: this post MAY and WILL contain “potty talk”—so if that offends you, then I really don’t know what to say)
Ruby: eeeeewwwww. Why do I smell onions?
Me: actually, its not onions sweety, it’s the sewage plant. (this is about the 17th time Ruby has mentioned the odor while driving this particular section of the freeway. I don’t know why I decided to answer her tonight, but I did--- and it went a little something like this)
Ruby: what’s the sewage plant?
Me: well, when you flush the toilet, all the poop goes down the tubes and into big pipes called the sewer. Then it goes into a big lake called the sewage plant.
Eden and Ruby: yuck/sick/GROSS!
Eden: but we don’t swim in that lake right?
Ruby: Oh, there’s a poop lake by the park, right?
Me: no—its over there. That’s why you always say that it’s stinky when we drive on the freeway here.
Eden: what do they do with all the poop?
Me: They put a bunch of chemicals that squish up and clean up the poop
Ruby: but with big gloves right?
Me: No, a big machine does it--then I think they put it into a river ????
Eden and Ruby: Gross/DISGUSTING!
Jay: bee-teee (binky)
Eden: uh, but we don’t drink that, right?
Me: uhhh. No? I hope not. (I actually don’t knowif they recycle the secondary water—do you know?)
Ruby: where’s the pee lake?
Eden: they both go in the same place, Ruby. But mom, no people go on the sewer right?
Me: Right. Nobody goes in the sewer
Eden: just the Ninja turtles and Splinter and Shredder—and what’s that girl’s name again?
Me: Is it April? (I tried to recall my knowledge of TMNT back when Vanilla Ice did the soundtrack for the movie—you remember, admit it! BTW, when did Eden watch Ninja Turtles, and how does she remember the details?)
Eden: yeah—I think so.
Ruby: boy's parts are called wee-wees, right?
Eden: wee-NEEs, Ruby, wee-NEEs
Me: (pulling the car into the garage) Okay, time for bed.
10 comments:
I'm laughing. Loudly. Out loud. Oh man I love those girls.
HA! This was just what I need tonight. Crack me up! Adorable.
I can actually hear those two cute-sters saying those exact words and I am laughing and laughing. What a crack-up! I wish I would have been in the van with you! So glad you saved that conversation for posterity. I agree with Rachel- "Oh, man I love those girls (Jay too, with his binky talk)!!
Oh I forgot to say, I am so glad you posted your lesson. I keep forgetting to ask you how it went. No time to read it now, but I can't wait to. Wish I could have come when you gave it. Thanks for sharing!
I'm quite impressed with how that conversation went in the car. If Jackson ever asks me how the flushing all works out, I'll just dial your number. Potty training is coming up so the phone call may come sooner than later. The Ninja Turtle comment is where I lost it. You never know what those girls are going to say. I love it. Never a dull moment in your house. (or your car!)
AWE....SOME! what a crack up. Wish I was there.
Can you imagine what would have been said if Gabe and Jo were there too? I'll have to write down some of our own converstations.
just the other day i was telling kevin about eden saying,"yummmm... smells like santa claus eggs!!!"
that is hilarious! I love it! Eliana is really into poop talk these days... fun stuff!
that made my day. thanks :)
Post a Comment