Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Child's Prayer

Ruby wanted to say the prayer tonight before going to bed, and it went a little something like this . . .

. . .Grateful for this day,
grateful for the food,

grateful for everything,
grateful that mom and dad don't fall in a hole,
that I don't have to get a new family,
that I can still have mom and dad . . .

SEE! she does love me! Let me pause to say that I too am thankful that we haven't fallen in a hole (because I love that cute little turkey!)



p.s. this photo is the ONE and only day I tried to straighten her hair--it was curly (but weird curly) again in less than an hour. That's okay, she's perfect the way she is.

2 comments:

Becca said...

i'm glad you don't fall in a hole, too. love the straight hair~so grown up and sophisticated. speaking of 'kids say the darndest things', lily started singing the aladdin song--goes a little something like this: "a whole new world (way way high)! a jasmine place i never knew!" how awesome are those lyrics?

saramarilee said...

But if you did happen to fall in a whole, rest assured I'd take that little stinker--it would be an answer to Gabe's daily prayer for Ruby to come to his house!